Jones Homes has welcomed plans to create new play areas, sports pitches and wildlife zones on parkland it donated to the Wilmslow community more than 30 years ago.
The developer, based in Alderley Edge, handed over the eight-acre Browns Lane Playing Fields to Cheshire East Council in 1986.
The council and its arms-length company ANSA have completed a consultation exercise on plans to invest in new facilities for the playing fields.
The work will be part-funded by a £340,000 payment made by Jones Homes under the planning agreement for its Bollin Park development, which is currently being built in Adlington Road.
Gary Hardy, Managing Director for Jones Homes, said: “Browns Lane Playing Fields are a real asset to Wilmslow and have proven especially valuable to families living in the new homes that have been built nearby.
“As Bollin Park nears completion, we are pleased to see that these improvements are now moving forward. The work will mean families in Wilmslow can continue to enjoy spending time at the playing fields for generations to come.”
The plans for Browns Lane include new play equipment for toddlers and for older children, a multi-use games area, grass sports pitch, enhancements to the 100-year-old pond and new footpaths and cycleways.
Trees, bulbs and wild flowers would be planted and there would be new benches, fences and information boards. Some wooden sculptures would pay homage to the heritage of the fields – notably the legacy of the former RAF Wilmslow base which closed in 1975.
Jones Homes has been building in Wilmslow since the 1970s and is building four, five and six-bedroom family homes at Bollin Park. The company is committed to further investment in Wilmslow and is currently finalising plans for an active living development, Sanctuary, off Coppice Way. For more information see www.jones-homes.co.uk
- Jones Homes will part-fund improvements to Browns Lane Playing Field in Wilmslow as part of its planning agreement for new homes at Bollin Park (pictured)
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Jones Homes is one of the country’s leading housebuilders.
- Established in 1959, Jones Homes has built a reputation for building beautiful homes in sought-after locations.
- The company is privately owned and builds more than 600 homes in the UK every year.
- Jones Homes head office is located in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, and the company has regional offices in Lancashire, Yorkshire and Kent.
- Jones Homes is part of The Emerson Group, a family-owned property development company which owns and manages a commercial property portfolio worth more than £1bn.